Sign up for the FX Trader of the Year Contest 2012 edition and show us your best trades.The contest takes place from 17th September to 26th October 2012.
The top traders will win great prizes.
- The FX Trader of the Year Contest 2012 is open to all individuals who are minimum 18 years old at the time of the contest start, excluding residents of the US, Iran, Syria and North Korea.
- Every participant is allowed to have only one (1) competition account.
- Contestants can register at any time before the start of the contest and one trading week into the contest. All contestants must have registered by 11.59pm on 21st September 2012.
All participants must provide full names, username, valid phone number, functioning email address as well as their country of residence. No personal information will be published nor provided to any third parties apart from to the contest organisers (Hantec Markets, FXSTREET.COM and MT4i) who will keep all information confidential. Only the username and country will be published on the contest ranking on fxstreet.com.
All participants must enter correct and valid details. Contestants not providing correct details will be disqualified. You will not be able to request any changes to your personal information once trading has commenced.
Please note that the validity of the participants’ information will not be verified prior to the start of the contest. Only upon announcing the winners will Hantec Markets verify their personal details. If the winners’ information is incorrect, he/she will be disqualified and the contestant with the next highest Account Equity will become the winner (provided that he/she has provided correct details).
- Legal entities are not eligible to take part in this contest. Only natural persons can participate.
- Contest participation is not open to employees of Hantec Markets and FXstreet.com or their relatives.
- Hantec Markets has the right to disqualify any participant during or after the contest at its own discretion
- The contest starts on 17th September 2012 at 0:00am GMT and ends on 26th October 2012 at 9pm GMT, at which time all open positions will be closed and all profit and loss (P&L) will be realised.
- It will not be possible to make any transactions on the contest account before the start of the contest on 17th September, 2012 at 0:00 GMT.
- All contestants will receive an email signalling the start of the contest.
- All contestants will start with USD 25,000 of virtual funds in their trading accounts and will all have a leverage of 1:100. Neither the initial amount nor the leverage can be changed.
- You may open positions of any size (within the limits of the free margin on the trading account).
- Contestants are allowed to use all of the features of Hantec’s MT4 trading platform and use any Expert Advisors (apart from unethical trading).
- The performance of each account is based on realized and unrealized profit and loss (P/L) for the duration of the competition.
- The scores of the top ten performers at any given point in time of The FX Trader of the Year Contest 2012 will be showing on fxstreet.com and hantecfx.com throughout the lifetime of the contest.
The winner will be the contestant with the highest Account Equity. The runner-up will be the contestant with the second highest Account Equity, and the third place will be the contestant with the third highest Account Equity.
The final Account Equity will be determined by the 9pm GMT closing prices on 26th October 2012, the last business day of the contest. Keep in mind that all open positions will be closed and all profit and loss of open trades will be realised.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by raffle.
- Breaching the contest conditions will disqualify the trader from this contest and from any of the prizes.
- Participants agree that any and all claims, disputes and causes of action arising out of or related to the Contest shall be decided on by Hantec Markets only.
- You should read these rules and Terms and Conditions carefully and adhere to them during the contest. Ignorance of these rules will not be considered legitimate grounds for a complaint.
The prize for the winner of the FX Trader of the Year Demo Contest 2012 will be 2 return flights of choice to one of four cities where Hantec Markets has an office (London, Hong Kong, Tokyo or Sydney) including 1 week hotel accommodation.*
The winner will also receive a live trading account** with Hantec Markets with a credit of USD 5,000; only profit made in this trading account can be withdrawn.
The prize for the runner-up of the FX Trader of the Year Demo Contest 2012 is a live trading account** with Hantec Markets with a credit of USD 2,500; only profit made in this trading account can be withdrawn.
The prize for the third place winner of the FX Trader of the Year Demo Contest 2012 is an iPad.
The prize winners must take the prizes as offered. There are no cash alternatives. The prizes may not be the object, on the part of the winners, of any claims of any kind, or be replaced by money, or be replaced or exchanged for any reason whatsoever
Winners will be notified by email. Winners' usernames and trading results will be posted on the FXstreet.com website.
Winners are responsible for any required reporting and payment of taxes if applicable (including federal, state and local) associated with contest winnings.
*Hantec Markets will contact the winner to organise the trip. All costs related to the trip other than the ones mentioned above are at the winner’s own expense (including but not limited to visa and other transportation costs, meals, etc.).
It is the sole responsibility of the winner to obtain relevant visas, passport and travel insurances as required.
**The live trading account will be provided on the condition that the live account application of the winner is successful, complete with all necessary supporting documents.
- Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work with as well as against you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor should you have any doubts.
- The FX Trader of the Year Contest 2012 is organized for promotional purposes only.
- Money spent and earned during the contest on the contest account (or any other demo account for that matter) is virtual, holding no real monetary or equivalent value other than scoring purposes.
- All trades performed during the contest period are on a demo account and not on a real Hantec trading account.
- Hantec Markets reserves the right to cancel the contest at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances outside their control arise.
- The FX Trader of the Year Contest 2012 is hosted by Hantec Markets and does not constitute an offer of Hantec Markets’ financial services, nor is it a solicitation to offer such services to any person residing in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation is not authorized, or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation.
- By participating in this contest, participants will be deemed to have accepted all Rules, Terms & Conditions and Disclaimers and hold harmless Hantec Markets and FXstreet.com, their respective parent companies, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, damage, costs and expenses of any kind, including legal fees, arising from or in connection with this contest or use of the prizes won.