Product Details Oil
|Min. Trade Size||Pip Cost (Native CCY)||Margin Requirement Per Min Trade Size||Maximum Lots per Trade||Target Spread||Minimum Stop Distance (Points)||Trading hours*|
|US Oil||1||$1.0||200||100||0.05||0.1||Sun 22.00 -|
|Daily from 22.15 until 23.00|
|UK Oil||1||$1.0||200||100||0.05||0.1||Mon 00.00 - |
|Daily from 22.15 until 01.00|
*All times are in BST
Please take note that trading hours may change during holidays. Clients will be informed of any changes by email.
Please note that Hantec Markets strives to provide traders with tight, competitive spreads; however, there may be instances when market conditions cause spreads to widen beyond the spreads displayed here. Additionally, spreads may not be applicable to Japanese-yen-denominated accounts or client accounts of introducing brokers. Certain currency pairs may not be available for all account types. For additional information about widened spreads, click here.
Trading Oil on Margin
Minimum Margin Requirements (MMR)
HANTEC MARKET has standardized minimum/incremental trade sizes for each instrument. To calculate the margin required to place the minimum trade size, simply multiply the minimum trade size by the margin required (per contract).
- USOil minimum trade size is 1 contract
- MMR is $200 (U.S.) per contract
- 1 contracts x $200 = US$200
Oil has a monthly expiration (please see the tables below). Clients that hold an open position on the ‘HANTEC MARKET Expiration’ will be rolled to the following month and a cash adjustment will be entered on the account to cover the plus/minus swap charge. The prices used for the swap will be the difference between the closing bid/offer price of the expiry month and the opening bid/offer price of the new month. The closing times for both oil products are shown below.
- USOil: 10:15 pm BST
- UKOil: 11:00 pm BST
The only consequence of this, is that the client realises the profit/loss of the swap.
- Client is short 1 USOil @ 92.00
- On day of expiration, the expiring month is trading at 93.00 at 5:15pm E.T. and the new month opens at 91.00.
- The customer will see a cash adjustment debit of $200 to reflect the 200 point swap between 93.00 and 91:00. If the client is long 1 lot USOil in this case he would see a cash adjustment credit of $200 to reflect the 200 point swap in his/her favour. All pending Stop and Limit orders that are associated with the expiring contract will be cancelled.
Please note that cash adjustments will be entered on your account the day following the day of expiry.