1.Lucky 8 – FX Trader of the year demo contest 2016 is open to all individuals who are minimum 18 years old at the time of the contest start, excluding residents of Afghanistan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, France, Guyana, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Lao PDR, North Korea, Syria, Uganda, USA, Vanuatu and Yemen.
2. Every participant is allowed to have only one demo contest account.
3. Contestants must register by 30th September 2016 at 22:00 BST market close.
4. All participants must provide full names, username, valid phone number, functioning email address as well as their country of residence. No personal information will be published nor provided to any third parties apart from to the contest organisers (Hantec Markets, FXSTREET.COM and FX Blue) who will keep all information confidential. Only the username and country will be published in the contest ranking table on fxstreet.com and hantecfx.com websites.
5. All participants must enter correct and valid details. Contestants not providing correct details will be disqualified. You will not be able to request any changes to your personal information once trading has commenced. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email. In order to receive your demo account login details you will need to verify your email address and contact details via the confirmation email. Please note that the validity of the participants’ information will not be systematically verified prior to the start of the contest. Only upon announcing the winners will Hantec Markets verify their personal details. If the winners’ information is incorrect, he/she will be disqualified and the contestant with the next highest Account Equity for that specific weekly competition will become the winner (provided that he/she has provided correct details).
6. Legal entities are not eligible to take part in this contest. Only natural persons can participate.
7. Contest participation is not open to employees of Hantec Markets and FXstreet.com and FX Blue or to their relatives.
8. Hantec Markets has the right to disqualify any participant during or after the contest at its own discretion.
9. Participants suspected of conspiring with other participants or abusing or manipulating the contest results will immediately be disqualified.
10. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions on registering for the competition, you will be automatically registered to receive our market research.
1.The overall contest starts on 2nd October 2016 at 22:00 BST and ends on 28th October 2016 at 22:00 BST. Within the contest, the dates for the individual competitions are:
2nd October – 7th October
9th October – 14th October
16th October – 21st October
23rd October – 28th October
2.In the event that contestants have open positions at 22:00 BST on any given Friday during the contest period, those positions will be closed and all profit and loss (P&L) will be realised.
It will not be possible to make any transactions on the contest account before the start of the contest on 2nd October 2016 at 22:00 BST. All contestants will receive an email signalling the start of the contest.
3. All contestants will start with USD 10,000 of virtual funds in their trading accounts and will have a standard leverage of 1:100. Neither the initial amount nor the leverage can be changed.
4. After the market close of 22:00 BST on Friday each week, your account will be reset and your trade history will be deleted. Daily confirmations will be sent to contestants for a history of trading activity.
5. For Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3 of the competition, contestants will be restricted to trading a limited set of 8 symbols. The set of 8 symbols will change on a weekly basis and will be provided by Richard Perry, our Chief market Analyst. For Week 4 trading will be open to all Hantec Markets trading symbols. Contestants will be informed by email of the new symbols available in the upcoming week on the respective Friday.
6. The minimum permitted trade size is 1 lot and maximum trade size is 5 lots.
7. The maximum number of open positions is limited to 4 in total, regardless of trading instrument.
8. Therefore the maximum total open position is limited to 20 lots = maximum trade size (5) x maximum number of open orders (4).
9. Contestants will be trading on tight spreads. These spreads are representative of a high trading volume client.
10. The account Stop Out level will be set at 20%. As soon as this level is breached all open positions will be liquidated.
11. Contestants are permitted to use all of the features of Hantec Markets’ MT4 trading platform. The use of any Expert Advisors is forbidden.
12. The scores of all participants at any given point in time of the Lucky 8 FX Trader of the Year 2016 contest will be showing on www.fxstreet.com and www.hantecfx.com throughout the duration of the contest.
13. The winner each week will be the contestant with the highest Account Equity at market close. The runner-up will be the contestant with the second highest Account Equity.
The final Account Equity will be determined at market close 22:00 BST on the Friday of each competition week. Keep in mind that all open positions will be closed and all profit and loss of open trades will be realised. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by raffle.
14. The winners will be contacted by phone and email within the claiming period of 15 days. In the eventuality that a winner cannot be contacted within the claiming period, the prize will be forfeited, and the contestant with the next highest Equity will be contacted.
15. Breaching the contest conditions will disqualify the trader from this contest and from any of the prizes.
16. Participants agree that any and all claims, disputes and causes of action arising out of or related to the contest shall be decided on by Hantec Markets only.
17. You should read these rules and Terms and Conditions carefully and adhere to them during the contest. Ignorance of these rules will not be considered legitimate grounds for a complaint.
1.Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work with as well as against you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor should you have any doubts.
2. The Lucky 8 FX Trader of the Year 2016 is organized for promotional purposes only.
3. Money spent and earned on the contest account (or any other demo account for that matter) is virtual, holding no real monetary or equivalent value other than that of scoring purposes.
4. All trades performed during the contest period are on a demo account and not on a real Hantec Markets trading account.
5. Hantec Markets reserves the right to cancel the contest at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances outside their control arise.
6. The Lucky 8 FX Trader of the Year 2016 is hosted by Hantec Markets and does not constitute an offer of Hantec Markets’ financial services, nor is it a solicitation to offer such services to any person residing in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation is not authorized, or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation.
7. By participating in this contest, participants will be deemed to have accepted all Rules, Terms & Conditions and Disclaimers and hold harmless Hantec Markets and FXstreet.com, their respective parent companies, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, damage, costs and expenses of any kind, including legal fees, arising from or in connection with this contest or use of the prizes won.